The process of keeping Medicated ghee or oil in the eyes for a certain period of time is called Netra Vasti (Akshi tarpanam). It is the best purification & rejuvenation treatment of eye. This procedure is useful in healthy as well as diseased people. Netra Tarpana cools, lubricates, and rejuvenates the eyes improves the inner vision by clearing out the subtle channels associated with inner and outer perception.
The patient is made to lie. A gentle massage is done on forehead and face too. A tank of flour paste is made around both the eyes. Medicated ghee and oil is poured in those tanks. The patient is asked to blink. The eyes comfortably swim in the ghee for about 20 minutes .This procedure is done for atleast 7 days. Best time to do this procedure is after sunset.
- Clarity of vision
- Improved tolerance to light
- Feeling of lightness in the eyes
- Better sleep
- Feeling refreshed upon awakening
- Restoration of the normal colors of different parts of the eye such as a clear, white color of the sclera and a light pink color of the conjunctiva
- Improved perception of all the colors
- Ease in making eye movements including blinking
- Establishment of health and pleasure in the eyes
- Reduces dark circle if therapy is taken regularly